I haven't posted in a while. It's hard to have the time or the desire. I'm not really sure what to post about. Our kids are doing well and we're not sure what our life the next little bit even holds. Josh is finished at Berean on the 29th. Our ministry there is wrapping up. 3 and a half years. We are excited for God to show us where to next. We are sad to say goodbye to friends. We are hopeful that, soon, everyone will start acting supportive and stop judging our actions. Because of financial reasons of the church and the lack of students, we know God is telling us to start new somewhere where He will show us. It has been confirmed in meetings with the leadership. October will be a long month. It is time.
We are "in the running" at 4 churches right now, all of whom are at different stages in their search. Our house is on the market. These things change how all of life is viewed. My calendar is a lot emptier, my mind a lot more full. I am quite uncertain so therefore I will call these truths to mind:
"In him we were also chosen, having been predestined according to the plan of him who works out everything in conformity with the purpose of his will" Ephesians 1:11
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11
"May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed." Psalm 20:4
"In his heart a man plans his course, but the LORD determines his steps." Psalm 16:9
"asking my Lord to hold both my hands and guide me as I live this life not fully understanding what I am doing and feeling thankful that He knows the condition of my young heart."
--An excerpt from my friend Katie's blog (http://zunigafamily7.blogspot.com/)
1 comment:
Anna,
I know this is a hard transitional phase. God is so good, and He is carrying you through this!
You and Josh are being prayed for, and I know that He will direct your steps!
I am so glad that there's at least one thing that is for certain, and that's a definite last day of ministry. Though it can be hard to close a chapter, it's nice to know exactly when it's ending!
We'll get together soon. I'm adjusting to the whole "working outside the home" thing right now!
Post a Comment