Dear Sophie,
Today is your second birthday. My how you've grown. You were always a big girl, ever since you joined us, but now you're turning from my baby to a big girl. I know the day will come soon, when I call you my baby and you'll tell me that you're a big girl! As I watch you on the couch watching your show, that you asked for, I let my mind travel back to when I would hold you on that couch and snuggle for hours. Or, when you learned to sit up on that couch, with the help of a pillow. Or, when you learned to climb up there all by yourself. It seems like you are growing and changing everyday.
You were a surprise to me and Daddy. At first, I think we were kind of scared. Not sure how we would handle being parents so soon after we'd gotten married. But, as you grew inside of me, I fell in love. We found out that you were a girl and I knew right away that you were my Sophie. I remember you would often kick when I talked to you or when you'd hear music. I knew you would be a busy girl.
God brought you and then He provided so faithfully with Daddy's job that I get to stay home with you. We have so much fun together. I would be so sad if someone else took care of you; there are so many things I would miss. Thankfully, when you rolled over, started to crawl, and took your first steps, you waited for when Daddy was there too. Such a nice girl.
Life is kind of like when you first start to walk. You might fall down or have some "wobbly step" days. Daddy and I will try and catch you before you fall and do our best to protect you from pain, but I want you to know that God promises in the Bible never to leave you or forsake you. That's His way of saying He will pick you up and steady your steps. Even though we love you with all our hearts, Daddy and I are people that still mess up sometimes. We will disappoint you sometimes. God will never let you down.
The other day, you fell down and scraped your knee. As I held you, you cried and then felt better. We cleaned it and put a band-aid on it. Sometimes as you grow, your heart will get a scrape. I want you to know that Daddy and I will always do our best to help you feel better. As much as I will want to help you and talk you through things, I pray that you will also learn to run to God and talk to Him too. He knows you the very best, because He is the one who created you. He loved you even before Daddy and Mommy did. He loves you the very most.
"For this reason, since the day we heard about you, we have not stopped praying for you and asking God to fill you with the knowledge of his will through all spiritual wisdom and understanding. And we pray this in order that you may live a life worthy of the Lord and may please him in every way: bearing fruit in every good work, growing in the knowledge of God, being strengthened with all power according to his glorious might so that you may have great endurance and patience, and joyfully giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in the kingdom of light. For he has rescued us from the dominion of darkness and brought us into the kingdom of the Son he loves, in whom we have redemption, the forgiveness of sins." Colossians 1:9-14
"For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God. Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." Ephesians 3:14-21
Daddy and I love you and are so glad that God made us your parents. I am about to go rescue you...you climbed on a chair and are about to tip over a lamp. So, for now you are still my crazy little girl. It'll be a while before I can post without you getting into trouble! When you can read, I hope you enjoy looking at this and all the memories we're storing together!
Love, Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment