
This is a picture of my group at a discussion table. At a women's retreat. That was out of town. For the whole weekend. It was amazing and I am so thankful for my husband loving me enough to know I really. needed. this.
Most of the women in this picture have been in my life for quite some time now. I met them when I was in college and Josh and I had just begun dating. It seems like a long time ago, but really it was only about 6 years. That just goes to show how a different season of life can feel like a different life all together. I had time then to really get to know people. To listen when they spoke, and to remember what they said. I really try to do that right now, but when friendships are play-dates, a lot can get lost in the blocks and baby dolls.
It's hard to find friends. Ones that we can allow in the walls. Ones that can know the gate code for our hide-away when we're not wanting to answer. That is where I was. I needed a weekend away with close friends who knew my heart and who would listen for what I didn't even know how to explain. The ones that would ask gentle questions to help me see the areas that needed work.
Jesus had his 12 disciples whom He was close to but the Bible also mentions different times that He was even closer to just a few. I think it's Biblical to have confidants. To have a few people who can understand and be trusted with the deep truths. To share life.
It will probably be a while until I can see these women again. But we'll talk. And we'll pray for each other. And when that day or weekend comes again, it will renew my soul.
1 comment:
Loved reading this, Anna. Loved hearing your heart and how God worked (and is working!) So sooo glad you came to retreat (and LOVE that Josh, in his love for you, so supported you to go!). So sooo glad I got to hang out with you. I love how God so used the weekend to speak gently to your heart, encourage you, strengthen you, shower His grace and love on you! I pray your desire will be for Him and that you will find abundant love, peace, and joy in Him as you find Him in moments throughout the day as you serve Him, your hubby, your children, your church, ... Can't wait to see where He takes you. He is sooo good! :) (P.S. don't think you'll recognize "chuck" - so it is Christy :))
Post a Comment