As I'm up a few minutes before the kids, I might actually accomplish this blog without my little helper. Sophie is very good at typing and pushing keys at the same time...causing screens I have never seen to appear!
Mothers that have gone before me, tried to give adequate warning. Nothing says knowledge like experience, which I'm now earning. I use the term earning, because it truly feels like every moment of success right now has been fought for. I think it has been fought for in the heavenly realms where our battle is not against flesh and blood but against the rulers and authorities in the spiritual realms (Ephesians 6). My children's souls are being fought for right now. I've been praying for Sophie and Aaron to have spirits that are sensitive to spiritual matters. I want them to become children that are aware of their worth in the Heavenly Father's heart and who walk in a manner worthy of the gospel (Colossians 1). I don't want them to be children who are of this world. Children who cling to their selfish desires and entertain rebellion. Can you tell that I have a two year old who says "no" a lot right now!
In order to get to the success I crave, I must not only pray and use every moment as a teaching time, I must also prepare/work on my own heart. Selfish desires and rebellion do not disappear when one becomes an adult, they just become more distinguished and socially accepted. The inner battle's root is still the same as when the person was a child.
Our family is transitioning right now...which is the polite term for a little chaos, a little frustration, a little crying, and a whole lot of praying for God's grace! We love our kids and are so thankful for our busy Sophie and our new Aaron (who is still being figured out). It will become easier and more natural to have two children and Sophie will transition out of this stage...maybe as brother enters! Meanwhile, we will rely on God's promise that His great mercies are new every morning and His faithfulness will never change or be minimized.
Here is to not just surviving today but thriving, because as I "earn" my successes, I'm not doing it with my own strength...the Lord who created the earth in one week by speaking into being is holding my family and is in control of our day. We have confidence in the ONE who wins the battles!
1 comment:
you are such an amazing mama! I just pray to survive! I miss you and I hope your lil family is good!
Post a Comment